Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience supporting previous versions of the Windows operating system.
- Familiarity with an I.T. helpdesk ticketing system.
- Experience researching online and local knowledge bases.
- Experience running commands from a command window. For example, DOS command prompt.
- Familiarity with PC hardware and devices. For example, ability to use Windows device manager and look for unsupported devices.
- Basic TCP/IP knowledge. For example, that you need to have a valid IP address.
- Basic Windows and Active Directory knowledge. For example, domain user accounts, domain vs. local user accounts, user profiles, and group membership.
- Fundamentals of applications. For example, client/server applications (how client communicates with the server).
- Experience reviewing logs. Know that there is a chronology, sequential order, severity, etc.