Before attending this course, students must have:
- At least one year experience operating Windows Servers in the area of account management, server maintenance, server monitoring, or server security.
- A+, Server+, hardware portion of Net+, and familiarity with Windows (client side).
- Working knowledge of networking technologies.
- Intermediate understanding of network operating systems.
- Working experience with Windows Server 2003 and Windows Server 2008.
- Basic knowledge of Active Directory.
- An understanding of security concepts and methodologies (for example, corporate policies).
- Basic knowledge of TCP/IP.
- Basic knowledge of scripting tools such as Powershell and WMI.