Before attending this course, students must have a minimum of one year of experience using Windows Essential Business Server, Windows Small Business Server 2003 Premium and/or the following technologies:
- Microsoft Exchange Server 2007
- Microsoft Forefront for Exchange
- Microsoft ISA Server 2004 or later
- Windows Server 2003 or later, including Active Directory, DNS, and DHCP
- Network addressing (DNS, DHCP, and TCP/IP)
- Active Directory Domain Services (including Active Directory user accounts, Group Policy, domains and forests, and a basic understanding of domain controllers)
- E-mail (including SMTP addresses)
- E-mail antivirus and anti-spam software (including its purpose and function)
Students who attend this training should also have the following:
- 3+ years of experience managing and monitoring a Microsoft Windows-based network.
- A Microsoft Certified Systems Administrator (MCSA) on Windows Server 2003 credential or equivalent knowledge.