Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience managing users, roles, computers, and groups - e.g. identify and modify a group and manage group membership.
- Experience using the Windows interface to locate, create and manipulate folders and files.
- General knowledge of computer hardware components such as memory, hard disk drives and central processing units.
- General knowledge of networking concepts such as network operating system, server-client relationship, and local area network (LAN), and understand the basics of networking in a Windows 2003 environment.
- The ability to identify the tools used to perform common administrative tasks.
- Experience managing and maintaining an Active Directory infrastructure-for example, create a forest root domain.
- Some experience in planning and implementing an Active Directory infrastructure.