It is recommended that students have the following knowledge/experience prior to taking this course:
- A basic knowledge of the purpose and goals of virtualization technology.
- An understanding of computing architecture, including network and storage devices, device drivers and operating systems.
- Basic experience installing and administering Windows Server 2003 or Windows Server 2008.
- Basic experience installing and administering Linux variants.
- Intermediate knowledge of network devices and site architecture, including configuring vLANs.
- Basic knowledge of storage terminology and technologies, including partitions, SANs, LUNs, iSCSI, and NFS and CIFS file shares.