Before attending this course, students must have:
- Experience as a manager, marketer, entrepreneur, or other business professional charged with building or maintaining an e-commerce Web site that sells products.
- Working familiarity with FrontPage and other Microsoft Office applications (particularly Microsoft Word and Excel).
- Experience in FrontPage creating a basic Web site; including opening an existing page and inserting text, creating a bulleted or numbered list, adding an image, and posting a page.
- Experience in Word creating documents and experience in Excel creating formulas.
- An awareness of the distinction between an e-commerce site’s front end (the interface) and back end (the database, transaction system and other behind the scenes systems).