Before attending this class, students must have familiarity with the following .NET Framework concepts:
- Managed versus native code.
- Common language runtime.
- Microsoft Intermediate Language (MSIL).
- Execution engine.
- Just-in-time (JIT) execution.
- Experience using a .NET language, such as Visual Basic .NET or Visual C#.
- Experience creating Windows client applications using the .NET Framework.
- Experience creating data access components that use ADO.NET to retrieve or update data in a database.
- Familiarity with basic SQL statements, such as SELECT queries.
- Experience building ASP.NET applications.
- Experience using Extensible Markup Language (XML).