Before attending this course, students must have:
- Understand the purpose and components of the .NET Framework and the common language runtime.
- Understand and use the .NET Framework common type system (CTS).
- Understand basic language syntax for decision structures, loop structures, and variables.
- Write code by using language-specific functionality such as the My. classes for Visual Basic.
- Understand and use classes, objects, methods, properties, and functions.
- Write code to implement overridden methods, static (Visual C#) or Shared (Visual Basic) methods, and properties.
- Use type conversions and text conversions.
- Create and use solutions and projects by using Visual Studio 2005.
- Use the Visual Studio 2005 object browser and the Visual Studio help system.