This course requires completion of one the following courses or equivalent knowledge and administration experience with VMware ESX®/ESXi and vCenter Server:
- VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V5.5 or V6]
- VMware vSphere: Fast Track [V5.5 or V6]
- VMware vSphere: What’s New [V5.5 or V6]
- VMware vSphere: Troubleshooting [V5.5 or V6]
Experience with working at the command line is helpful.
The course material presumes that you can perform the following tasks with no assistance or guidance before enrolling in this course:
- Install and configure ESX or ESXi
- Install vCenter Server
- Create vCenter Server objects, such as data centers and folders
- Create and manage vCenter Server roles and permissions
- Create and modify a standard switch
- Create and modify a distributed switch
- Connect an ESX/ESXi host to NAS, iSCSI, or Fibre Channel storage
- Create a VMware vSphere® VMFS datastore
- Enable vSphere vMotion on an ESX/ESXi host
- Use a wizard or a template to create a virtual machine
- Modify a virtual machine’s hardware
- Migrate a virtual machine with vSphere vMotion.
- Migrate a virtual machine with VMware vSphere® Storage vMotion®
- Configure and manage a VMware vSphere® Distributed Resource Scheduler™ cluster with resource pools
- Configure and manage a VMware vSphere® High Availability cluster
If you cannot complete all of these tasks, then VMware recommends that you instead take the VMware vSphere: Install, Configure, Manage [V6.5] course.